How Solar Works
In simple terms, a solar electric system takes rays of light from the sun and converts them into usable electric energy (photovoltaic power) that you can use to power your home.
A solar electric system has three main components: the solar panels, an inverter and a bi-directional billing meter.
1) Your solar panels collect the sun’s rays and convert them into direct current (DC) electricity.
2) The DC electricity flows into an inverter where it’s converted into usable alternating current (AC) electricity.
3) The AC electricity enters your electrical panel where it can then be used to power your home.
4) Any excess electricity your solar system produces is fed back into the utility grid, spinning your meter backward. You will then receive credit for this excess electricity with net-metering, and this credit will show on your electric bill, reducing what you owe. With a solar electric system you will be your own energy supplier!
The size of your solar electric system depends on a variety of factors including your current energy usage, your budget, how much electricity you want to offset and the structure of your home. All of these are taken into account when planning and designing your system. Solar electric systems require minimal maintenance and have a typical lifespan of 25-30 years.
Now that you know how solar actually works, let’s show you how it saves you money.
Solar saves you money because it costs less.
We all know that during periods of extreme temperatures in the summer and winter, your electric bill can take a huge chunk out of your paycheck. And if you rely on your utility company for all of your energy needs, you’re at the mercy of ever-changing fuel prices that fluctuate wildly with the market.
It’s a completely different story with solar.
As a homeowner with solar, you’ll be getting much of your energy needs from the sun, which can reduce your electric bill by 50% or more.
The excess solar energy you generate and put back on the grid will be credited to you, reducing your bill even further.
Your solar energy costs are stable, saving you thousands for years to come.
Moreover, solar is now more affordable than ever before. So why wait? The sooner you go solar – the sooner you’ll be saving. Contact us to get started!
You really can afford to go solar.
Solar isn’t complicated, and it’s more affordable now than ever before.
Not only are there are dozens of financing options available to fit your budget, but lenders like Enerbank specialize in renewable energy home improvements, including solar, and offer flexible financing to make the process quick and easy.
Even better, state and federal tax credits help slash the cost of your solar system even more, saving you even more money.
Think of it this way. You can keep paying your utility company every month OR you could put that same payment towards your own solar electric system that ultimately saves you thousands in energy costs for years to come.
It’s a smart investment that benefits you, the homeowner – not your utility company. We’ll show you how.
Owning vs. Leasing
While leasing is a popular option, purchasing your system often costs no more than leasing, and is a better value over time. It’s true.
And by purchasing, you own your system and increase your home’s value. Other benefits of solar ownership include:
- Low monthly payments that won’t increase each year
- Federal and State Tax Credits that pay you back
- Owning your system outright after 12 years versus 20 years of leasing
Solar energy is unlimited and kind to our planet.
No longer having to rely on fossil fuels for our energy needs is a huge change – and it’s happening right now.
The positive impacts of solar are enormous.
- Solar has opened the door to new ways of thinking about our energy future.
- Solar has helped strengthen our economy by creating new industries.
- Solar has been a catalyst for developing new technologies and innovations.
- Solar has helped reduce our need for fossil fuels, giving us energy independence.
- Solar is a clean energy source that is kind to our environment.
Solar gives you peace of mind because it’s reliable and abundant.
With solar, you’re in charge of generating the energy you need. That’s freedom. Plus, you never have to worry about dwindling resources or wild price spikes. Solar gives you the power of choice like never before.
We can help you get started today